Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A place very special to me

Dear Friendz,
This is my 1st post so pardon the errors. When you start working the life sometimes changes up side down. N that happened with me. A great job with gr8 salary n two holidays a week. What else a person needs. I was working in the same company where my boyfriend was working. So it was March 2008 and I was not at all feeling good working so I asked him why not to enjoy this weekend somewhere in the mountains. As usual we fought bcoz he was not interested. But some how he managed. We took Friday as an off and Saturday & Sunday were our weekly off. So 3 days were to go. We decided to go to Manali via Kullu. I had been there so I was some what excited. At 8.30 pm we both reached ISBT and were searching for the ticket counter. After struggling for 15 mins we got the counter. We jumped towards the counter to get the tickets for Kullu. Vishal informed with a red face that there are no tickets available. I coudnt understand how to react " My 1st trip n its turning out to be a disaster" . I told him I dont know but I am not going home.... no not at all..... never. So then he ran again to the counter and came back with 2 tickets n this time it was for SHIMLA. I shouted at him why Shimla n why not some other place etc etc.... I cribbed during the entire journey.


We reached Shimla at 5.30am. It was dead cold when we stepped out of our volvo. There were many people standing outside the bus n looking at the passengers. As usual I was barking at him that "it is so cold and we dont have proper clothes" etc. My feet were frozen like sculpture but he was still walking. Then all of a sudden a elderly person approached us and asked" Babu hotel dhoond rahe hai aap?" We nodded or heads conforming him "YES". He asked out budget. We quoted Rs7000 for 2 days. He took us to the nearest hotel that was known as The Leela Residency. We checked in at 6am. We were given a beautiful room whose interior was cream in color and the curtains were of red color the bed sheet was of orange ...... The sceneric beauty was breath taking. We both slept for 7 hours and woke up around 12pm. It was warm and sunny outside. We both did our daily stuff one after another and were ready by 12.45pm. We took the lift and came down to reception. There we inquired about the places that we cud see in these 2 days. They asked us that " Today you visit the Mall road and tomorrow we will hire a cab and visit the local area". It was a kilometer and half walk from our hotel to the Mall road. Very tiring for me at least. We reached and we were dumbstruck to see the place.





Everything was available. Outlets like CCD, Barista, UCB, Dominos ..... the list continues. We had our lunch at a Chinese restaurant. We had vanilla ice cream and believe me that is the best vanilla ice cream I ever had. We roamed here and there. There's a Church which was closed I dont know why but looked very pretty. After that we went back to our hotel and had our dinner n slept. Next day at 9am our cab was ready to race the mountain roads. Zig -Zag Zig- Zag........ Visited Kufri, went for a go carting ride, played with snow balls, swinging on a giant swing. It was awesome. There were Maggie stalls were we had hot Maggie. Had loads and loads of fun out there. Then it took us 1 hours to return back to the hotel. Our bus was at 10pm. At 9.45pm we checked out boarded the bus and came back all fresh and were ready to enjoy our stressful work once again.

I cant ever 4get Shimla bcoz he was with me and the 1st encounter with a place which is as pure as snow of there land. I am in love with Shimla. The definition of Happiness n Peace to me is SHIMLA.




I wish every time I vist you "He"should be by my side as Shimla cant be more beautiful if I have his hands entangled with mine....

1 comment:

  1. Good efforts for a 1st time post... cud visualize u relishin d Vanilla ice-cream!

    Shimla is undoubtedly pretty, so do visit it agn... regardless of d company!

    May d Lord grant ur wish! But dream new in life... Switzerland or Singapore...
    Suggestions: use d MBA lectures to dream, im sure d faculty will be happy to help u!!!

    ReplyDelete